Women in Financial Services Resource Packet: A Curated List of Must-Read Articles, Tools and Research
20+ articles, videos and tools for accelerating your financial service career!
- Breaking down barriers and busting female leadership myths
- Mapping and optimizing your financial services career
- Building effective as well as inclusive leadership development and succession planning programs
- Building a business case for increased diversity & inclusion
This report examines the Emotional Tax levied on Asian, Black, Latinx, and multiracial professionals in the United States as they aspire to advance and contribute to their organizations. In particular, Catalyst focuses on an important aspect of Emotional Tax: the state of being on guard—consciously preparing to deal with potential bias or discrimination. Report findings include:
- Asian, Black, Latinx, and multiracial professionals pay an Emotional Tax at work when they feel they must be on guard to protect against racial and gender bias.
- This experience was shared by nearly 60% of the women and men of color we surveyed.
- Employees who feel on guard are most likely to want to leave their employers and face challenges to their well-being.
- A majority of those who are on guard have a strong drive to contribute and succeed—suggesting that the loss of their talent would be detrimental to the organization.
- To retain these valuable employees and address potential reasons for being on guard, leaders must cultivate inclusive workplaces.
This content packet includes:
- Eye-opening facts & figures on the current state of female leadership in financial services
- A critical examination of why it pays to invest in diversity
- Tips & Tools for systematically identifying and addressing gender leadership gaps
Plus! Two speaker interviews packed full of action items on how to engage stakeholders, build a business case for diversity and adopt a strategic approach to increasing female representation in the C-Suite:
- Monique Murphy, CVP of D&I, New York Life Insurance
- Liz Heitner, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Synchrony
To receive our content packet via email, please contact us at enquiryIQPC@iqpc.com with "Content Request - WISF Glass Ceiling (29503.001)" in the subject line.